An important part of cleaning your windows is cleaning the window screens. It does not do much good to have nice clean windows if your screens are full of dirt! Here are three reasons we clean screens anytime we clean windows in a home or business.
1. Window screens act as a filter to keep the dirt, pollen, cottonwood fluff and anything else floating in the air out of your home. Dirt is everywhere—especially now, during construction season in Cedar Rapids, Marion and Hiawatha!
2. When it rains, all the debris on your screens sticks to your screens and windows, which makes your windows dirty.
3. Cleaning your screens prolongs the life of your screens. Letting dirt, pollen, and grime sit on your screens in hot, cold and wet weather breaks down the material. This may mean that you have to replace your screens in 10 years versus 20 years. The cost of replacing screens can be up to $20 per screen. Plus, you have the inconvenience of dropping them off and picking them up from the hardware store and being without screens for a week or so.
There’s no need to worry about this if you don’t have the time or the right equipment to clean your windows. Be safe and get the windows and screens cleaned thoroughly when you choose
With all the construction taking place around Cedar Rapids and Marion, businesses are noticing that their windows are getting dirty more quickly.
One of our regular clients is Quarter Barrel, the arcade/brewery/restaurant on 2nd Avenue SE in Cedar Rapids. We love to clean their floor-to-ceiling windows so guests have a great experience. Their clean windows let in lots of natural light—the only natural light that enters the building.
We’re always happy to hear from our customers, and Chris Ellis, Owner of Quarter Barrel said,
“JJ Cleaning has been keeping the windows at my business clean for almost 2 years now. They do a great job!”
Across the street, we also clean the windows for Blackstock Motorcycles. This retail business schedules regular window cleaning so that their custom motorcycle sales floor looks its best inside and out.
Window cleaning is not something you want to neglect. When we see windows that have been neglected, we often discover issues with broken screens, broken seals, settling and other issues that need repair because they could cause bigger problems in a home or business.
Be sure to check out our website for details on what we clean when we clean windows. And remember to contact us anytime for a free quote!
7 Reasons to Get Your Windows Cleaned Professionally
When you’re trying to boost curb appeal and sell your home, clean windows are a no-brainer. However, some people will skip the window cleaning expense, potentially losing out on great offers and a quicker sale. It doesn’t make sense!
Here are 7 reasons to get your windows cleaned.
1. It gives your home more curb appeal. Your clean windows sparkle and shine in the sunlight, giving a brighter feeling to your home—inside and out!
2. Clean windows allow the sunshine though, allowing warmth and light to come in. This literally puts your home in its best light.
3. Window cleaning is a simple maintenance that makes your home look well kept.
4. Cleaning protects your investment. Not cleaning your windows on a regular basis can damage the glass. Dirt, dust and grime can etch into glass, in turn scratching your windows. If that happens, it can cost you a great deal of money. You will have to hire a professional to come resurface the glass. They will use a high power buffing machine and a special compound. It’s more cost-effective to hire JJ Cleaning to clean your windows and protect your investment in windows.
5. Having clean windows can lift your mood, especially after a long, drawn-out winter. You’ll have a crystal clear view of your pool and the pool boy!
6. Hiring a professional window cleaner is safer for you. Falls are the #1 reason for injuries at home. When you hire it out, you don’t have to get on a ladder and risk a fall.
7. Hiring a professional is more effective then you doing it yourself. We are equipped to handle the job and leave a streak-free finish. Hiring JJ Cleaning to clean your windows can give you time to spend with your friends and family.
You’ll love the results of having more light and clean windows to improve your view!